‘A detailed course in Embryology’ – this very name itself excites all the medical and science graduates who are looking to develop laboratory skills which help to perform the laboratory procedures of embryology in the IVF centers. The duration of this course in embryology is 2 weeks, specially designed for medical and science students. In this course, all the techniques related to semenology and embryology laboratory are taught on a one to one basis, with constant and close monitoring.
This course is classified into 4 modules viz., Andrology, Embryology, Micromanipulation and Cryopreservation.
The first module in andrology comprises of 3 sections which include comprehensive semen evaluation, processing of semen for IUI, and semen cryopreservation. Let us look at the course involved in these 3 sections.
Comprehensive Semen Evaluation
In this section, students can learn
- Sperm morphology evaluation according to strict Tygerberg criteria
- Semen classification based on different criteria
- Detailed information about sperm function tests like sperm DNA fragmentation test, sperm-hyaluronan binding assay and sperm survival test
- Semen Processing for IUI
- In this section, students can learn some semen processing methods like,
- Simple swim-up
- Sperm gradient
- Semen Cryopreservation
In this section, students can learn,
- Semen freezing method
- Semen thawing method
- The processing method of frozen semen used for insemination.
In this module, students can gain knowledge on different IVF laboratory methods. These are some IVF laboratory methods listed here.
- Culture media and disposables selection
- Students can gain a complete knowledge of IVF lab equipment which helps them in the selection of equipment and also familiarizes them with the equipments and their operations.
- They can gain a sound knowledge of preparation of IVF laboratory for collection of the oocyte.
- Culture media preparation for collecting oocyte, culture, and semen processing. Examining the follicular fluid for isolation, future culture, and oocytes.
- Insemination method and further culture
- Semen processing for insemination of oocytes
- Fertilization checks and zygotes classification along with further culture
- Assessment of embryos, cleavage and embryos selection for transferring
- Blastocysts classification and evaluation based on blastocyst culture method
- Loading method to load embryos into the catheter
- Lab equipment maintenance and monitoring
- IVF lab maintenance
In this module, students can learn about Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). Along with this, there are many other aspects students can learn in this module which include,
- Students can get familiar with the proper usage of inverted microscope and micromanipulators.
- Selection of relevant tools used for micromanipulation
- Setting up the micro tools in the manipulator for ICSI
- Preparation method of microdroplets
- Selecting process and spermatozoa immobilization
- Holding pipette usage in oocytes handling before undergoing micromanipulation
- Oocytes microinjection
- Fertilization assessment after ICSI
- Troubleshooting of ICSI
In this module, students can learn about embryo cryopreservation. Along with this, there are two other sections in this module which include vitrification and embryos warming.
- Embryos selection for cryopreservation
- Selection of relevant vitrification solutions
- Selection of relevant devices
- Vitrification process
- Selection of relevant warming solutions
- Embryo survival assessment
- Warming method
Asia Pacific Institute of Embryology is known to provide best Training in Embryology Course in India.
Visit us: embryologytraining.com
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org